TABLE OF CONTENTS
Available on Business plan
June 8, 2022
Feature: Enhanced Teams Dashboard
The updated Dashboard adds additional ways to view and track your organization's engagement with their knowledge base:
- Administrators can set custom benchmarks to validate how the community is performing against goals. This is accessed via Admin Settings -> Dashboard.
- Track metric performance against previous time periods or against benchmarks
- Personalize the layout to prioritize which metrics are important to you
- Filter metrics by Tag
- Get visibility into chat integration (Slack, Microsoft Teams) usage
- Get insights into trending Tags, questions, and articles.
The dashboard is viewable by both users and administrators, and is located on the left-hand navigation menu. Only administrators may set the benchmarks. Learn more about the dashboard enhancements here.
March 3, 2022
Feature: Content Health enhancements
Content Health features and capabilities include:
- Content Health Review Queue: The dashboard and review queue enable users to easily prioritize which content to review based on its age and popularity. Users can verify, edit, close, or mark content as obsolete.
- Marking Obsolete: Admins can mark content as obsolete so posts are locked, demoted within search, and clearly marked that the knowledge is irrelevant and outdated without losing historical context.
- Configurable Priority Settings: Admins can decide how they prioritize knowledge for review and corrective action based on criteria such as last updated date and frequency of use, and users can filter the queue based on title keywords, post type, and tagged topics.
In addition to these core features, we’ve added:
- Notifications: Users receive prompts via email and their personalized “For You” feed when their answers or questions are identified as potentially out-of-date.
- Managing Accepted Answers: Moderators and Admins can now change the accepted answer for a question.
- Unpinning of Accepted Answers: The default sort for answers will now be by upvotes, and the accepted answer will no longer be pinned to the top of the list of answers.
Learn more about Content Health enhancements here.
November 17, 2021
Feature: Content Health
We've added a new feature, Content Health, that programmatically flags content to help you keep your knowledge base healthy and up-to-date. Engaged users and experts can take action by reviewing, updating, or retiring knowledge that Content Health flags, rather than manually scouring the knowledge base for necessary updates. This feature helps shared knowledge stay relevant so that Stack Overflow for Teams continues to be a useful and valued knowledge base for your organization
Learn more about Content Health here.
March 31st, 2021
Feature: Slack v3 - more functionality
We released a new version of our Slack integration (Slack v3) in late 2020. What new functionality has been added to the latest Slack v3 version?
Ability to add notifications to a private Slack channel
- The functionality was previously not supported with the release of Slack v3
- Users can stay up to date through notifications within a private channel for activities including:
- Users must invite the GBP bot to the private channel and update their notification settings using the new /stack notify functionality in order to enable notifications
Ability to manage Slack notifications without leaving the chat application
- Use command /stack notify to set up notification from Stack Overflow for Teams within Slack
- The GBP bot must be added to a channel before notifications can be added
Learn more about Slack v3 here.
Slack v1 and v2 will be deprecated on May 31st, 2021.
March 11th, 2021
Feature: Articles - more functionality
Our Articles feature (released in December of 2020) gained more functionality including draft mode, reputation points, and searchability via tags.
Users can start drafting an Article and the Article will auto-save after 45 seconds. The user can then leave the draft and pick up where they left off without needing to publish.
Users can add tags to an Article to help group the content with other relevant pieces. Up until now, the Article didn't appear in the tag search. With the latest release, the Article will now appear in search alongside questions and answers. If a user follows a tag, new and updated Articles will appear in the feed and alerts as well.
Reputation points will be awarded when users upvote the Article. We've also retroactively allocated points to users who have received votes on their Articles in the past.
December 16th, 2020
Feature: Slack Integration v3
- Basic & Business plans
- Supports org-wide installs
- Granular Bot Permissions (GBP)
- Sunsetting former versions of the integration by end of April 2021
- Updated Ask flow from Slack
Slack v3 is our latest integration application that supports Slack’s most recent platform built for integrations. Slack v3 uses Granular Bot Permissions (“GBP”), and it allows our application to support Org-Wide App Installs.
Slack v3 uses the preferred integration path with Slack. As Slack’s platform has evolved over time, they have come out with different methods for integrations. Roughly speaking, we can refer to the various integrations paths in these buckets:
- Slack v1: Webhooks
- Slack v2: Slack Workspace App (Classic Slack App on Enterprise)
- Slack v3: Slack GBP
What do you need to do if you're on an earlier version of the integration?
- Uninstall the app
- Re-install the app
To learn more about the latest version of our Slack integration (and the rest of our integrations), check out this article in the help center.
Feature Functionality: GDPR Subject Access Rights
- Delete functionality added
We now expose a ‘Delete user’ action in addition to ‘Export user’ and the existing ‘Deactivate user’ function. Deleted users will not show up under deactivated users, and if they come back (after being invited by admin again) - they start from scratch in terms of reputation and attributed content.
Feature Functionality: Articles
- More functionality added to the Articles feature
- Save an Article to a Collection
- Open other Article types by clicking on the type icon
- Coming soon: Better filter, search, and organization
With our latest functionality updates, users can save an Article directly to a Collection without leaving the Article page. Users can also see other Articles of the same type by clicking on the Article type in the header.
See all information regarding Articles here.
August 10th, 2020
- Business plans only
- Store long-form content
- Add to collections
- Copy/paste existing docs
- Brand new WSYWIG editor
More about Articles here.
June 23, 2020
Feature: Custom Awards
Custom Awards allows a team’s admin to create their own awards based on specific criteria.
- Business plans only
- Customize criteria
- Award to specific team members
- Recent awards displays in right hand side of home screen
Learn more about Custom Awards here.
May 06, 2020
A Collection is a new way of grouping content, regardless of tag or content type.
With this new feature, any user can set up a collection for all their team to see and share pockets of knowledge grouped together via various content.
- Business plans only
- Collect knowledge for specific projects, activities, or technology
- Add questions and answers as well as Articles
- Share editing rights with other team members
Learn more about Collections here.
March 12, 2020
Feature: User Groups
When questions arise under that group's area of expertise, pinging each user individually or picking and choosing who might be the best option can be cumbersome. We've introduced User Groups as a method to allow you to reach out to entire groups of users with a single name, rather than individually pinging them all.
- Business plans only
- Notify an entire group of people at once of new content
- Ask a group of experts most likely to know the answers
Learn more about User Groups here.